St. Joseph River Valley Fly Fishers is having our Annual Fundraiser on April 17th. Doors open at 5:30 PM at the Waterford Estates Lodge, 52890 State Road 933, South Bend, IN. (map) The Waterford is just north of the intersection of Cleveland Road and 933. The event includes a grab bag raffle, silent auctions, a chance to win a new Scott G2 8’8” 6 weight fly rod/Galvan reel combo and a general auction run by auctioneer Dave Goodrich.
The Waterford will serve dinner at 6:30 PM.
Admission: Includes dinner, a bid card and a special gift is $25 per person.
If you haven’t been to the Auction it’s a lot of fun. You never know what will show up for bid. Some members offer to take you on a fishing trip on local waters. Some of the items donated by members include fishing tackle, carvings, photographs, paintings and other hand crafted items. Special items include:
- Skeena Wilderness Fishing Charters of British Columbia donated a two for the price of one 5 day all inclusive fishing experience on the Skeena River in April of 2014.
- Guided float trip for two on the Pere Marquette River with guide Tommy Lynch to be used in May of 2013.
- Guided fishing on the White River, Arkansas with guide John Holsten, two days for the of one.
- Fly fishing for two for largemouth bass on private Cranberry Lake in Indiana with guide Josh Lantz.
- $100 off a ½ or 1 day trip with Captain Chris Abdo of Fish Backwater in Naples, FL.
The silent auction will have discount /gift certificates donated by major tackle companies including Thomas & Thomas, Winston, Simms, Lamson, St. Croix, Bauer Reels, Oasis Fly Tying Benches, Norlander and Lamiglas.
The grab bag raffle includes over 60 bags of fly tying materials, fly line, books, dvds, magazine subscriptions and discounts on Jim Teeny and Angler Sport Group merchandise.
The proceeds from the auction are the Club’s major source of funding guest speakers, conservation work on our local streams, fly tying classes, support of the trout rearing and stocking program and other activities. The Fundraiser is open to members and persons interested in fishing.
It can only happen if you come to the Clubʼs Annual Fundraiser on April 17th at 6:00 PM at the Waterford Lodge.
Fund Raising Committee Chairman